Jones Mind Expander Splitboard
The Mind Expander Split was built for the creative rider who weaves nimble and playful lines as they slash through the backcountry. Designed by surf shaper Chris Christenson and Jeremy Jones, the Mind Expander Split features a Christenson Surf Rocker profile and blunt nose for epic float in pow, plus a full size tail for legit freestyle performance. The unique shape is matched with a short sidecut for snappy turn potential in tight trees and Inner/Outer Traction Tech 1.0 edges for enhanced grip on icy skintracks or firm descents. For unmatched torsional board connection in ride mode, the Mind Expander Split also features the Boltless Bridge plus Karakoram Ultra Clips and Tip-Lock Tip Clips. New for 2021, the Mind Expander is built with our new ultra fast and durable Sintered 8000 base.
- Wend Natural Wax: Multi-axis, stitched fiberglass laminate that offers a precise and responsive ride in any terrain or snow conditions.
- Flip-Flop Base: Producing two or more base color options minimizes p-tex waste. Order may be filled with either color. Color does not vary by size.
- Sintered 8000 Base: New super durable material made from Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and carbon. Base is easily repairable, highly wax absorbent and wicked fast.
- Karakoram Tip-Lock tip clips: Every splitboarder knows the feeling - you drop into a firm line and your tip clip pops open! Never again. Using Active Joining Technology, the Karakoram Tip-Lock tip clips quickly lock and clamp the tips of your splitboard with the flick of the lever.
- Karakoram Ultra Clips: Ultra clips are the strongest, lowest profile splitboard clips in the world. They deliver unmatched compression between board halves and they are adjustable so you can maintain even compression as your splitboard ages.
- Biax fiberglass: A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
- Factory Tuned: All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- Power Basalt stringers: Sustainable strength. Basalt stringers are made with 100% natural fibers and help transfer power to the edges, improve torsional response and absorb board chatter.
- Oversized Recycled Edges: All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Bio Resin: Bio Resin is a bio-based epoxy made with 27% plant-based carbon instead of petroleum-based carbon. The organicc raw materials used to make bio-resin are co-products or waste products of plant-based industrial processes. Bio-resin requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions to produce than conventional epoxy.
- Stainless steel reinforcement: Stainless steel plates are embedded into the nose and tail for improved board tip durability.
- Forever Flex New: Forever Flex is a new manufacturing process that helps stabilise the flex and rocker of a board for its lifetime.
- Eco-plastic topsheet: Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet)
- Control Split Core: Dual-density full premium wood core featuring a 2:1 paulownia to poplar stringer ratio that keeps core light but ultra damp.
- Spend $25 for free shipping on most items
- Delivery in 1-4 days contiguous United States
- We ask returns be initiated within 30-days
- Details can be found at our Return & Exchange Portal